Like many other people, I too started experiencing crashes since upgrading Thunderbird from 102 to 115. On my workstation and M2 MacBook Air, these crashes have become less frequent. However, on my old XPS13, which I'm still using because the Asahi kernel does not support DP-ALT mode on the M2 MacBook Air yet, Thunderbird would crash every time I tried to go to my companies' mailbox. Extremely annoying, and as it doesn't seem to produce core dumps, probably hard to debug.

So instead of running gdb on a core dump, I decided to look at some settings. I first verified that I still had JavaScript disable, because why on earth would you want that enabled. Total security and privacy hazard. So in Settings, General, I scrolled all the way down to Config Editor. Once there, I typed javascript in the search bar, and noticed that javascript.enabled was still set to false. So I closed the Config Editor, and then spotted Use hardware acceleration when available in the Indexing section. Unchecked that checkbox, went to my companies' mailbox and ta-da, Thunderbird no longer crashes!