Samba + CUPS + printing from Windows machine

Recently I have been migrating a Samba PDC and BDC from RHEL 4 to SLES 10 SP1. Everything went pretty well, until I started configuring the printers on the new Samba servers.

I took over both the CUPS and Samba configs, but somehow this wasn't enough for the printers to work. Both the Oce 3165 printers always printed a "Logical error" page instead of the document(s) or test page sent to the printer. After some digging, it turned out I could fix the problem by adding one simple line to the Samba configuration file:

cups options = raw

Restarted Samba, reinstalled the printer on the Windows machines to be sure, et voila, printing fixed.

Tags: 

Topics: